In an abundance of caution, we are doing a quick pivot to our updated mask policy.
Just 3 weeks after being back in the studio for group classes, the Bay Area is seeing a frightful surge in the Delta variant of the COVID virus.
Anyone else feeling like we’re playing a pernicious game of whack-a-mole?
Masks will be required to be worn indoors, regardless of vaccination status. We have disposable masks available if you forget yours. See below for my favorite fitness mask and a discount code.
It’s important to note that most of the cases of the recent infections have been among the unvaccinated. Breakthrough cases that infect the vaccinated tend to be less severe. We’re happy to report that to date, everyone who has entered the studio since we opened back up has been vaccinated. We have not had any reported COVID infections among anyone who has been in the studio since we opened up.
Being able to say that makes me feel very relieved.
Your health and safety (as well as our staff’s) are our #1 priority.
Fitness Mask Recommendation
I’m not gonna lie, working out with a mask on is kind of a bummer. It’s bearable though and totally worth getting to move and sweat with friends. Having the right mask for workouts makes it way less of a bummer. Earlier this year we struck up a partnership with local, family-owned Cheekies masks. After trying these out in my most vigorous workouts, Cheekies became my favorite fitness masks because:
- They’re lightweight
- They fit comfortably
- They wick moisture
- There’s room for breathing (AKA panting)
- The cloth doesn’t touch my lips (does that bother anyone else as much as it bothers me?)
These masks are sustainably made with zero-waste manufacturing, right here in the bay area. Cheekies is also a mission-driven corporation giving back to the community.
Here’s the deal: you get a 15% discount when you use our code BLISSFIT, and Cheekies gives us a little cash bonus, too. Everybody wins!
Click the button below to automatically apply the 15% discount to your cart (you’ll see it applied on the checkout page.) And this is pretty sweet too: FREE shipping!
Updated Mask Policy Guidelines and COVID Vigilance
- Masks required for indoor sessions
- All instructors are vaccinated
- Our windows will be kept open for a refreshing cross breeze ventilation
- High velocity fans will also be assisting with moving lots of air
- Our large medical grade HEPA H13 filter will be running. (Filters out the COVID virus)
- Equipment and high touch areas will be sanitized regularly
- Please bring your own sweat towel
- Please bring your own water bottle
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID or other contagious illness, please do not come to the studio
See the updated schedule to check out our new Tuesday line-up.