Stability and strength training is a key aspect of safe and healthy movement through the world. Find out below how our Strong & Stable Class can help you prepare for life’s uncertainty!
Stability and strength training for an unstable world
I’m going to bet that most of the sprains, strains, stumbles, and falls you’ve endured have come about not because you were doing something wild and extreme like kiteboarding in a tropical cove, but something more humble like…
- Stepping off a curb wrong
- Losing your footing on a slippery trail
- Tripping over a sidewalk where the tree roots have buckled the cement
- Reaching into the backseat to grab your purse
- Moving a lopsided and floppy mattress down the hallway and through a narrow door
- Nowhere near as glamorous but probably way more likely to be the source of pain (and perhaps some embarrassment.)
A way to protect yourself from future awkward moments like those is to train your body to be ready, mobile, and strong enough to react when faced with the unexpected. We do just this kind of stability and strength training in our Stable & Strong class. And trust me, there will be unexpected moments in this class that will challenge your balance (and composure.)
Training to get strong and stable
We’re bringing this class back to the schedule on a new night, and a new time. Starting tomorrow, you can find it on Thursdays at 5:30 pm. It is available in studio (masked) and virtually.
Mask guidelines and COVID vigilance
- Masks* required for indoor sessions
- All instructors are vaccinated
- Our windows will be kept open for a refreshing cross breeze ventilation
- High velocity fans will also be assisting with moving lots of air
- Our large medical grade HEPA H13 filter will be running. (Filters out the COVID virus)
- Equipment and high touch areas will be sanitized regularly
- Please bring your own sweat towel
- Please bring your own water bottle
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID or other contagious illness, please do not come to the studio
*Get a 15% discount off a Cheekies mask – our fave for fitness. Promo code: BLISSFIT
We are open for in-person (and virtual) classes! See the updated schedule.