This month, we’re working on relieving pain through a special technique known as Neurovascular Release.
Is the relentless tension in your neck and shoulders making you feel powerless to change it?
Are you disturbed by recurring tingling in your arms and fingers?
Exasperated because you have tried all the stretching, foam rolling, and yoga and yet still can’t seem to find the feeling of ease and openness you’re wishing for?
Oftentimes, a pain pattern will recur no matter how much stretching we do if we are not also freeing up the deeper nerves and arteries – they get injured and shortened just the same as muscles!
There is a body of work that addresses these issues, and I am practically giddy with the prospect of the relief that this exclusive Neurovascular Release Series is going to bring!
Join Leah Van Winkle online for 3 sessions to learn gentle and effective ways to shift structural patterns and relieve pain and discomfort.
Topics and approaches covered include:
- Simple hand contacts and guided movement to gently lengthen the neurovascular tracts that your muscles have been protecting
- Other movement therapy techniques to improve postural awareness and facilitate release
- Self-massage techniques using therapy balls
- Education and discussion of neck and shoulder anatomy, mobility, and nervous system
- Ample Q&A time so that your specific situations are understood and discussed
Pain points we’ll focus on relieving through Neurovascular Release:
- Delicately free up nerves and arteries that are trapped in your tissues, bringing you more ease in your movement and spaciousness in your body
- Tenderly calm your nervous system, allowing you to focus on what’s important
- Learn gentle techniques for managing chronic neck and shoulder pain so that you can forget about the stubborn and persistent pains that are sapping your energy
What you’ll need for Neurovascular Release:
- Massage therapy balls: Ideally the Yoga Tune Up balls in the tote (available for purchase through the studio), but any other small therapy/massage ball you have at home will do
- A yoga mat, blanket, or comfortable surface for seated work
- Links to join the Zoom session will be sent out via e-mail once you register. A reminder e-mail will be sent 15 minutes before class starts. Watch your spam and other folders if you don’t see the message in your inbox.
These sessions will be recorded and shared so that you can return and review the sessions at any time!
Dates: Thursdays 4/8 through 4/22
Time: 6:15 pm
$117 for all 3 sessions plus the recordings
24-hour cancellation notice is required for series enrollments. No refunds issued for late cancellations (account credit available.)